Chicken crown with an agen prune butter and celeriac cream
Recipe from Chef Santiago Torrijos
Preparation : 35 minutes
- 8 Agen prunes, pitted
- 6 free-range chicken (or other poultry) crowns
- 65 g salted butter
- 3 pinches of salt
- 4 pinches of Espelette pepper
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 celeriac
- 500 ml milk
- 500 ml water
- In a blender, mix 50g of softened salted butter, 5 pitted Agen prunes, a pinch of salt and the Espelette pepper until fully purÃ©ed.
- Remove the skin from the chicken, make a cut in the middle and insert the Agen prune butter.
- Sear the chicken in a frying pan with drizzle of oil and season with the rest of the salt and the Espelette pepper. Cook on one side for 5 minutes over a high heat, then the other for 1 minute.
- Place in the oven and cook for 7 to 8 minutes at 220Â°C or at gas mark 7. Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Peel the celery, cut into large, regular chunks and cook over a high heat in a saucepan with the milk and water for 25 minutes, or until the celeriac is tender. Drain and blend with a little of the cooking liquor, 15g of butter and 3 Agen prunes.
Season and keep warm.
- Carve the crown and serve on a warm plate. Spoon over a little celeriac cream and serve !