Brioche Rolls with IGP Agen prune cream
Recipe from Hervé Cuisine
Preparation : 30 minutes
Cooking : 20 minutes
For the prune cream
250 g of Agen prunes PGI
5 tbsp. water or orange blossom water
1 tsp. coffee of powdered cinnamon
For the brioche dough
300 g of flour
120 ml warm milk
50 g of white sugar
35 g melted butter
10 g fresh baker's yeast or 1 packet of baker's yeast powder
For the prune cream :
Soak the pitted prunes in a bowl of hot water with the orange blossom water and cinnamon for 30 minutes, drain them and mix them with a little of the soaking water until you get a nice thick dough that is easy to spread
For the brioche dough :
Knead all the ingredients together for 10 minutes in a food processor or by hand, and leave to rise for 2 hours under cling film.
1. Press the air out of the dough and roll it out into a large rectangle (at least 30 x 40 cm).
2. Spread a generous layer of Agen prune cream over the entire rectangle, then roll it up.
3. Cut 4 cm thick slices and place them in an ovenproof dish, covered with baking paper, spacing them a little.
4. Cover with cling film and let rise again for 30 minutes.
5. Bake for 20 minutes at 180°C before cooling and glaze with icing (100 g powdered sugar, 50 g cream cheese spread, 1 tsp vanilla extract).